Monday, October 22, 2007

The Highways and Biways


...Just purchased a new computer. I had an appointment with a computer technician and was wanting to seek help with the RAVEN Ministries blog. To be truthful I was a little hesitant to bring up the blog because I thought that there might be some explaining that went along with the lesson ...Needless to say, I was obedient and sought out help.


While the computer technician looked at the applications that I wanted to explore, he querried as to whether this was some sort of ministry that we were involved in. "Yes", I replied and proceded to tell him about RAVEN MInistries.

"I am involved in worship at our church." It turned out that this young man was originally from El Salvador who had a real interest in evangelism and outreach. From what I gathered he is significantly involved in missions and is a graphic design artist who likes to assist ministries with their needs. I inquired of his email address and assured him that this was no mistake that we met---A DIVINE APPOINTMENT TO SAY THE LEAST!

As I was pulling onto the off ramp of a free-way there were two young homeless people. They held up their sign

"We're hungry and in need of money." I drove past them knowing that it was not best to minister to people on my own. Instantly I felt a drawing to these young people. I pulled over and walked over to speak to them. I offered to go get a meal for them and they accepted the offer. When I returned with the food, I sat down on the ground with Rob and Michelle and we all shared. They told me that they had some sort of Christian influence from both of their parents. Rob told me that he was an atheist and that he was open to listening to what I had to say. He was living on the streets and jumping trains travelling back and forth to and fro from western to mid Canada. Michelle was from Oshawa, once living at home but now on the streets. The two listened intently as the Holy Spirit directed our conversation. It truly amazed me how someone professing to be an atheist was so interested in a conversation about Jesus. They accepted a New Testament Bible but didn't seem to be interested in that moment to accepting Jesus.

My mother/Jesus heart went out to these young adults. They were probably the same age as some of my children. I wasn't discouraged, just thanked Jesus a seed had been planted for the kingdom.

I hopped into my car and carried on home and as I approached the main drag of Oshawa I noticed Shayne a young man Ed and I had ministered to the week before. I rolled down my window and boldly greeted him. Thanks Jesus for the opportunites that you give us each and every day. We are your vessels willing to be used for your kingdom.

I guess it's no mistake that he calls us to the highways and biways!

But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself. John 12:32