Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ministering in Oshawa


On Saturday night we were on the streets in Oshawa. As we headed off down the street we noticed a man leaning against the wall.

He stood there in solitude sipping a coffee. His nap sack and sleeping bag lay at his side. We asked him if he was hungry and he responded with a yes.

We took him to a coffee bistro and bought him a meal. My heart was broken for him as we spoke. We began to talk to him about Jesus. My eyes began to well up with tears and I began to weep as we spoke to him. It was then that I realized how Jesus must have felt when he was moved with compassion at various moments during his ministry time.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. The the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:35-38

It is our prayer that God will raise up a people in Canada that are willing to do the work of the Lord.