Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hot Chocolate, Warmth for the Body and the Good News Heat for the Soul

The three of us can only maintain and do the ministry that God allows us to handle. On Saturday made some hot chocolate, and I baked some apple cake from some apples which my parents had given me. We proceeded into Oshawa to minister to the people. We found a perfect spot beside a bus stop where there was an hour wait between buses. There we set up a card table with our hot chocolate and apple cake.

To be truthful, I didn't feel quite as bold as I normally do, missing the encouragement from my RAVEN friends in the United States. Ed and Emily felt a little bashful too. "Dear God, give me your boldness I prayed." I knew that this was something that had been laid on my heart. The first customer was on the bus . He swung his body hanging from the doorway. "Hey, Sister," he yelled," is that hot chocolate?" "Yes," I replied as I handed him a cup. "Thankyou,that's exactly what I needed." He replied with contentment.

Some people wondered why we were doing this. "We would tell them that we were just sharing the love of JESUS."

One man stopped by with his children. "Just sharing the love of Jesus, eh?" He repeated this twice. Well, you will never know what kind of inpact that had on his children. I am sure that they will remember the occasion some day when they hear the mention of his name.

Another young man named Jessep came by the stand. He told us the story of how he had gotten expelled from school lived a rough life. We talked about Jesus. He did have a Bible at home so I encouraged him to read it. I gave him my cell phone number and encouraged him call me. I was able to tell him about an outreach to young adults in his area and offered to give him a drive sometime and talk to him some more. Please pray for this young man.

It was a cold night. Hot chocolate was helped provide warmth for the body, but what the people really needed was heat for the soul!

Sharing the love of Jesus is all about learning to be "fishers of men."

I want to remind you of the scripture....."COME FOLLOW ME,"JESUS SAID, "AND I WILL MAKE YOU FISHERS OF MEN. AT ONCE THEY LEFT THEIR NETS AND FOLLWED HIM." Mark 1:17.


After John the Baptist was put in prison Jesus went to Galilee, proclaiming the good news and carrying on his work of spreading the gospel. He instructed the people to repent and believe.

What is REPENTANCE? It is recognizing and turning from sin, and confessing it to God. Repentance and faith in God go hand in hand. Everyone is called to repent--Those who are not yet believers and those who do believe. Being repentant is not enough. You must believe and have faith in Him and allow him to be Lord and Saviour of your life.

As Jesus walked along Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew casting a net into the lake for they were fishermen. Jesus instructed the men to leave their nets and to go follow him for he would make them "fishers of men." They obviously obeyed with willing hearts for they were willing to leave their means of making a living to go follow Jesus.

What about us? Are we willling to take a stand, even if we end up in prison like John the Baptist? Are we willing to unashamedly share the Good News of Jesus? Are we willing to surrender it all to him? Are we willing to go out into the battlefields (the work place, our homes, the coffee shop,the highways and biways) putting on the full armour of God(Ephesians 6:10-20), while we spread the gospel?

As we go out to do the work of the Lord, we personally would request that you pray this prayer for Ed, Emily and I. "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it FEARLESSLY, as I should."Ephesians 6:20.
We would also pray that God would provide a vehicle for us and that more people would be added to the team!